I am particularly enjoying these earrings, perhaps because I have not yet put my hands on the box containing my jewelry. I am thinking it might be easier to just buy new stuff instead of unpacking boxes.
They are $7.50, which is a price point that allows for the “one in every color” mentality.
Stella Bella Boutique is one of my favorite Etsy finds.
Scott and I enjoyed an early morning thunderstorm this morning. Unfortunately, I laid in bed with my eyes wide open thinking of all the things we have left outside. We need the rain and are grateful for it! I just need to learn to pick up my stuff better. Lesson learned.
We are also more grateful than we can express for good friends and family. This has been a full weekend of moving. And we accomplished a ton because of the help of our world.
Here’s what we have done:
- Moved all the boxes into the house (from the loft and Scott’s mom’s house).
- Ripped shelving out of a few closets.
- Patched holes in said closets.
- Painted the same closets with kilz to cover the grime and to prepare for a carpenter to build them out to make them functional.
- Unpacked the kitchen.
- Found our underwear.
- Fixed the toilet leak.
- Had a gas man come out to check on a slight smell of gas.
- Subsequently had our gas turned off for the weekend.
- Called a plumber.
- Had Uverse installed.
- Hung a pot rack above the stove.
- Fixed leaky faucets.
- Vented the dryer.
- Cleared bed of weeds (Bonnie is quite the gardener).
- Planted a veggie garden.
- Cleaned behind the fridge and dish washer. FILTHY.
- Started a garage sale box.
- Organized our bathroom enough to take cold showers. We have a sweet friend around the corner where we can go take a warm shower but we just seem to stay too busy to do so!
- Met the neighbors.
- Completed the filling of the dumpster.
- Installed a door.
We are overwhelmed by our sweet friends. We have not fixed a meal all weekend, and even have these beautiful flowers on our otherwise bare mantel, thanks to the Semples!