Scott had an idea to connect our gas line to our grill so that we never have to mess with propane tanks. He asked the plumber about the cost of such things and he quoted us somewhere around $350. Scott decided he could definitely do it himself.
After church, we headed to Home Depot for supplies, which included a natural gas conversion kit and a really long pipe. He spent ALL afternoon working on it, but low and behold! We have a grill connected to our gas line and our house did not blow up in the process.
To celebrate, we made hamburgers.
We did have a conversation about whether or not we would be better off if our house did, in fact, blow up. Other than the safety concerns, we think it might be a better deal for our house to burn down. We could then collect the insurance money, and start again. Maybe. But if our house happens to burn down tomorrow, I want you to testify at our arson trials as to our character. I swear, we would never do such a thing.